What’s to Like
- Learning the language
- Discovering that the Chinese name for most James Bond movies uses the phrase “Brave Escape”
- The food, duh
- Take-no-prisoners kitchen appliances, like the five pound blender (that also grinds coffee) and the solid steel toaster with a timer
- The fact that those appliances cost the equivalent of US$10 each.
- Green tea toothpaste
- The dog seems to like it
- There is, indeed, a beach
- The maddening, go-go feeling that comes from living in a place where the only constant is change
- We found a place that makes really good pizza.
- Kindergartners are just so dang cute
- December 5th and still no colder than 65° F.
- The tea...so good I have actually (voluntarily!) cut my coffee consumption. You can drink tea all day without the bad breath or jitters.
- The huge, green park on the hill behind us
- The wonderfully retro (shades of the Space Needle) weather station in the middle of said park